Project Fair

RC Kyiv Capital | be aware – save lives


Über uns

According to the estimates of medical specialists, out of 100 people in Ukraine who died at the pre-hospital stage, 20% of deaths are related to injuries incompatible with life, and the other 80% were caused by the imperfection of the system of providing pre-medical care. The urgency of the problem has been added to the active military operations that have been taking place since February 2022 after a full-scale invasion.

In Ukraine, there is currently no practice of teaching the basic principles of pre-medical care in educational institutions and among the adult civilian population.

The goal of the project is to teach children how to provide first aid and help in emergency situations, how to behave during explosions and when going to shelter for a short or long time. In addition, the project is aimed at forming a culture of providing pre-medical care, popularizing training on providing pre-medical care and, as a result, reducing mortality from accidents.

Cooperation with state bodies – the Chernihiv Regional State Administration, the Department of Education of the Chernihiv Region and specialized medical organizations will make it possible to draw attention to the problem of the lack of training in pre-medical care in educational institutions and, as a result, to introduce a course in training in pre-medical care in educational institutions.

The project „Be aware – save life“ – a project on training the skills of providing pre-medical care, is a continuation of the project that was implemented from November 2022 to May 2023 in the city of Kyiv. In total, 26 schools of Kyiv were covered and about 1,200 children were trained to provide first aid.

In addition, open trainings on the provision of first aid were held for Kyiv residents in public places: public squares, metro stations, and shopping centers.

The project was implemented partly with the funds of a grant from the Public Union „District Rotary International 2232“ of UAH 138,000 ($3,730). Volunteer hours – 128.

The project will be aimed at the target audience – students of grades 10-11 of secondary schools in Chernihiv. A total of 44 schools. On average, 50 students of 10-11 grades in each school. A total of 2,200 students, 132 teachers. A total of 2232 people. The duration of the project is 3 months.

Each school is expected to hold three theoretical and practical courses on pre-medical care. The courses are conducted by instructors – doctors who have a special education and have undergone additional training with certification.

Planned activities:

1. Theoretical and practical training on pre-medical care – first aid in case of cardiac arrest.

2. Theoretical and practical training on stopping critical bleeding.

3. Theoretical and practical training on providing pre-medical care – first aid in emergency situations. Mine safety.

4. Information campaign.

5. Roundtable to discuss the importance of introducing a course on pre-medical care in educational institutions and to provide funding from the local budget.

6. Preparation of educational material on pre-medical care: video materials and educational brochures for high school students. Distribution among secondary schools in Kyiv.

7. Creation of educational material (methodology) on how to implement a similar project on training pre-medical care for high school students in other regions.


1. Gross salary $2820.00,

2. Costs of equipment – medical devices $6980.00,

3. Activities $7920.00,

4. Printing and promotion costs $4824.00,

5. Administrative expenses $123.61.

Of them Rotary club Kyiv – Capital $4178.00 and Rotary club Kyiv-Multinatinol $440.00.


Interessierte rotarische Freundinnen und Freunde die dieses Projekt unterstützen möchten, wenden sich zur Abstimmung mit dem Ukrainischen Coordination Committee des Distrikts 2232 an: Fritz Hohnerlein, 

Zurück zur Übersicht
Privacy Settings
We use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our Privacy Policy
Consent to display content from - Youtube
Consent to display content from - Vimeo
Google Maps
Consent to display content from - Google